A strategic review
AIT can help you write your business strategy, hone your organisation structure and ensure that you have the capability and resources to deliver predictable results. We’ll work alongside you or in-house to help you meet your goals.
First define your “business objectives” and “corporate goals”, then we can work on the following roadmap.
1. Write an effective strategy - what are your objectives and goals, how are you going to get there and what skills and competencies are needed to get you there in the current climate.
”A company’s performance is optimised when its external STRATEGY and internal CAPABILITY are MATCHED to the external environment.”
(H. Ansoff - the guru’s guru in strategic planning)
2. Evaluate your salespeople against your strategy - never make your strategy fit your current people but ALWAYS ensure your people fit the strategic needs.
Measure competencies, buy-in and activity. Then ask yourself - can they be turned around? And if not - who do we need to recruit?
3. Make the initial changes - generate buy-in to change, ensure they have the tools to succeed and set realistic targets - genuinely realistic.
4. Set measurable tasks - establish Key Performance Indicators in conjunction with personal development plans. Never use “sheep dip” sales training - it doesn’t work.
5. Manage, motivate and lead your team - hold effective meetings, manage activity levels, maintain motivation and deal with variables.
The key throughout this process is to ensure all changes and plans are aligned to the strategic plan. If existing people and methods don’t fit, change them and not the plan.
“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” Sun Tzu
To book an appointment for a strategic review call 0118 979 0005.
» Download article